A common core of courses offers majors an understanding of both the history of the field and the ethical responsibilities of professional communicators in our society. These foundational courses also provide specific skills in writing, speaking, broadcasting, production, and group communication.
- Broadcast & Electronic Media Major
- Converging & Interactive Media Major
- Multimedia Journalism Major
- Public Relations Major
Students can choose specialized B.A. majors in these four areas to suit their interests and career goals. Courses in the major, on-campus practicums, and off-campus internships provide practical, professional experience in these areas.
Upon departmental invitation, qualified Communication majors may elect to pursue honors work within their chosen communication area.
Course & Program Listings
- Journalism & Mass Communication Section in the University Catalog [PDF]
- Undergraduate Course Descriptions in the University Catalog [PDF]